Old August 10th 06, 07:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default Problem with 3-500 Filament Pins

"David Thompson" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have a LK 500NTC (no tune) amp that ran well for several years. Now one
of the 3-500Z's (both Eimac)
filament pins came unsoldered.

K4DLI helped me resolder the pin with a torch and silver solder. Just for

test I swaped the tubes and within a week the other tube had unsoldered.

I had this problem in a Henry 2K with the tube not fully sitting in the
socket but the 3-500Z's are firmly in the socket. I have a new tube

socket
to install but is this the only problem? I really see nothing wrong with
the old socket. Filament voltage is 5V as it should be
on all pins.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

73 Dave K4JRB

Seems like you already know if the contact in the socket is "leaking" the
filament pin will get hot. It's not hard to check.

Al WB7NXB