Old August 11th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
John - KD5YI John - KD5YI is offline

Default STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

wrote:

I would guess I am running maybe 5mW into a modified CB ground plane
antenna.
Serious mismatch, but my "beacon" was only intended to reach about 1
mile.
For an S2 reading I had to back the power down ~50% from max legal. So
assume I am running 2.5mW with no attenuation, so for extra credit,
what is my
power level at -63dB?

Terry

Your question makes no sense. What is the reference level? 1 watt, 1 mW, 5
mW, 2.5 mW?

..5 microwatts is 63 dB below a Watt.
..5 nanowatts is 63 dB below a milliwatt.
2.5 nanowatts is 63 dB below 5 milliwatts.
1.25 nanowatts is 63 dB below 2.5 milliwatts. (Is this the one you want?)

2.5 milliwatts is 3 dB below 5 milliwatts.

See a pattern in any of this?