Old August 11th 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein Al Klein is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you want the ARS to sound like CB. It already does around here mostly silent

On 10 Aug 2006 19:22:53 -0700, "an old friend"
wrote:

Al Klein wrote:
On 10 Aug 2006 18:51:34 -0700, "an old friend"
wrote:

the Congress has no power to regulate Radio except from the ITU treaty
and the "nessary and proper" clause. against the 10th amendment which
reserves powers not listed to the states or to the people.

Interstate commerce.

comerence this IS AMATEUR RADIO you dolt
commerce is forbidden

As I said, you don't understand the situation enough to discuss it.
Radio comes under interstate commerce laws. ALL radio does.
Broadcast, public service, CB and ham, among others.

how does Morse code relate to Comerce anyway?

It relates to radio, which the government has the power to regulate
under its mandate to regulate interstate commerce.

Interstate commerce gives the Congress the right to require Morse Code
testing Id love to TJ weigh in on that

It gives the government to require whatever doesn't violate the
Constitution. And there's nothing in the Constitution prohibiting
having to know code to get a ham license.

of course in fact you are beyond any convincing you have decided that
Morse is somehow vital to Ham radio

Nope - I never claimed that it's vital. I never even claimed it's
necessary. You just don't understand conversation.

You're not a real ham if you want the ARS to sound like CB. It
already does around here mostly silent

do you realy distpute this title?

"Title"? I dispute your understanding of common English.