Old August 11th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What Happened to Grundig?

Grundig sold out to China.I dont know about all of the Eton radios but
the Eton E1 radios are made/assembled in India.I own only one Grundig
radio which I believe was made by Telefunken and the radio was made in
Germany.It is an AM/FM/Shortwave/Phonograph wooden cabinet floor model
radio.One of the two little paper owners/operators manuals in the radio
has the date 1957 so I believe the radio is about 49 or 50 years old.I
also own a large Telefunken Opus 7 AM/FM/Shortwave table model wooden
cabinet radio.I dont know what year it was made but I think in the late
1950's or early to mid 1960's.I bought the floor model radio at a
Goodwill store for $14.00,the other radio I paid $4.00 for at a Goodwill
store.
cuhulin