Old August 12th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S. John S. is offline

Default FA: Degen-DE-1103 very nice

gil wrote:
Its good to see the level of support in this group.

Not sure about the DE-1103's problems but I can assure you all this
radio has been the best under $100. radios I have purchased. I got this
receiver new around 2 years ago and it has worked excellent since, it
has been my bed side receiver and it has served me well on an almost
nightly basis. As a ham, I also know many ham operators that swear by
this little radio.

eHam.net reviews like most other reviews tells it like it is, "a great
little radio".

I think anyone trying to "rain on someone's parade" or discredit
someone's sale perhaps have deeper issues?

Gil

Not a very deep subject...the $50.00 radio either works or it doesn't.
Not sure what "issues" deep or otherwise you are referring to.
Possibly you could elaborate.

For an unusual number (but certainly not all) users the DE1103 radio
exhibits symptoms of not being manufactured in the ultra clean
environment that modern electronics require. I've owned Sony, Kenwood
and Panasonic receivers over the years and never experienced or heard
of qc problems like this.