Old August 12th 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Monett Mike Monett is offline

Default heating padRFI?

"Amerigo Vespucci" wrote:

Would a heating pad cause RFI ? My wife has intermittent back problems
and when she uses her heating pad it seems I get spikes of RFI on my
AM reciever. I'm assuming it's that. I can't seem to track anything
else that may be causing it.Thanks in advance,
Will

A snubber across the contacts should stop the RFI. Try a 0.01uF 600V cap in
series with 47 ohms. If you don't have a suitable 600V cap in your junk
box, look in a discarded PC power supply or monitor. The AC line input will
have 250VAC caps for RFI filtering.

Regards,

Mike Monett

Antiviral, Antibacterial Silver Solution:
http://silversol.freewebpage.org/index.htm
SPICE Analysis of Crystal Oscillators:
http://silversol.freewebpage.org/spice/xtal/clapp.htm
Noise-Rejecting Wideband Sampler: