Old August 12th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
L. L. is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Al Klein wrote:
I'll bet he didn't derive the shapes of the written numbers from first
principles either.

That fact goes against your "memorizing is evil" argument.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

There's a difference between memorizing a formula or method and memorizing
specific answers to specific questions. The former is called learning,
and can be applied to many situations. The latter is called laziness, and
teaches nothing that can be used for any other purpose.

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Which is exactly what "I" also have said. They're splitting hairs over the
definition. MANY words can be used in more than one way. Your example is
resembling mine. There are some things (many actually) you must "memorize"
(learn) for life - to function. To simply "memorize" answers for a test - as
you said, teaches NOTHING. It doens't even guarantee passing. I've seen a
few fail by that method. IT simply is NOT a good way to go about things in
life. Laziness gets you no where - fast.

L.