Old August 13th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
L. L. is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
news
L. wrote:
I'm done arguing with someone who is "too" lazy to "learn". I'd prefer
to talk to those who have "intelligence" to refer to - to stimulate the
conversation.

My MENSA membership number is 1006281.
What's your MENSA membership number?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

A MENSA membership means you have a high intelligence quotient. A high
intelligence quotient does not necessarily mean you know anything, only
that if you apply yourself that you have the ability to learn more easily
than an average person. I know some very lazy MENSA members that can't
even spell a large number of the words they use.

In other words, even people above average intelligence can be and often
are too lazy to learn. They do manage to apply what they do know better
than most.

Mensa - who gives a damned? Most of the "brilliant" people I've ever met -
had their thumbs up their ass when it came to doing the basic things in
life - they can't do them. What the hell good is a "brilliant" person if
they're too stupid to know how or lazy to do "basic" things? If having a
Mensa number means you're bankrupt in common sense or "lazy", I'd rather not
be a member - thank you. Often, it is "common sense" which gets you
through - NOT "brilliance". From all I've ever heard and /or seen -
"brilliance" and "common sense" don't go hand in hand. Sitting in a chair
with a bunch of books behind you to make you "appear" smart and not getting
off your lazy ass to use it or to further your education - is not a
"productive" person. I know a few welfare bums who fall into that
description- "appear" smart, "act" smart - lazy as hell. Being in the center
of a University Library with books on most any subject - is NOT going to
make you any more intelligent if you don't venture to "learn". Even at that,
if you don't use it, you lose it.

This is funny as all hell....... some shmuck "claiming" to be a "genious"
coming in here and trying to make the rest of us seem inferior to him. No
one is any better than the rest of us. Their crap doesn't stink any less
than ours. Just when he starts losing his grip on the argument, he pulls
this so called mensa number out - just like a race card. So, what, we're
supposed to take pity? Bow down? I don't think so! The answer to that is
"PLONK".
There was another party a few years ago tried that - and after about a
month - him and his self proclaimed "geniousness" - disappeared. The idea
here is to come in - share ideas, thoughts, "help" if possible - NOT try to
place yourself on a throne above all. I can assure you the majority of us
don't tolerate that attitude. You can agree or agree to disagree on any use
of words, theories, laws, principles, strategies, etc. But when you put
yourself on a pedestal....... the game is over - you'll either find one of
your mensa friends to keep you company or be an awful lonely person on here.

To respond to a statement regarding me in a previous post - Hams like "me"
NEVER kept or attempted to keep any one off the air. If anything, I've
gotten people "involved" in Amateur Radio - with one (12 years old at the
time) going on to higher education once out of high school - and getting a
very good job from it. His parents couldn't thank me enough. Even if that is
the only good example of the good I am/was able to do - in Amateur Radio,
then I'm satisfied. But I haven't stopped there........ I teach Amateur
Radio classes when asked - and on other occasions - I've taught basic
electronics - taking those folks beyond the Study Guide.
It is nice to be able to "use" and "impart" that knowledge so that others
can benefit.