Old August 13th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] miso@sushi.com is offline

Default eBay terminology question

mike maghakian wrote:
about half the stuff I buy on eBay has a notable problem, like the Pansonic
DR-49 I just got today that had a DEAD S-meter. I took apart the radio and
the S-meter had been worked on by a previous owner without success.
the sellers response to my notification is that it was sold as-is and I
should speak to the post office and leave him alone.
the auction said the radio WORKED GREAT, now how can a radio with a DEAD
S-meter be said to work great.

my main question is does "sold as-is" mean "you're screwed, I can lie as
much as I want ! " when in an auction ?

after all if an auction says I am getting something and I don't get it then
how can that be justified ?

Feel free to note the dead S-meter on your feedback. Of course, there
is the retaliatory negative feedback. Basically, ebay exists for the
seller.