Old August 13th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default eBay terminology question

mike maghakian wrote:

about half the stuff I buy on eBay has a notable problem, like the Pansonic
DR-49 I just got today that had a DEAD S-meter. I took apart the radio and
the S-meter had been worked on by a previous owner without success.
the sellers response to my notification is that it was sold as-is and I
should speak to the post office and leave him alone.
the auction said the radio WORKED GREAT, now how can a radio with a DEAD
S-meter be said to work great.

Does it play? Does it SOUND OK? If so, then it works great! Since you've stated
that about half the stuff you buy has a notable problem one would think by now
that you'd ask a helluva LOT of questions of the seller rather than simply
accepting at face value the statements in the ad.

You seem to have a lot of issues with eBay. You're always whining about prices,
shill bidders, etc., etc., etc.

And why, oh why is that Drake R7 still in your collection? You said you sold it,
but there it is, still in your 'collection'. How many others are no longer
there?

dxAce
Michigan
USA