Old August 13th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Frequency Sensitivity of mobile HF vertical antennas.

Cecil Moore wrote:
Bill Turner wrote:

You restated what I said in much more detail, but what you have done
is expounded on the "what". I still don't know the "how" or the "why".

The Smith Chart yields the "how". Please take the "why"
up with The Creator. :-)

Cecil --- you are begging the question!!

I reported that the addition of 3 or 4 inches above the coil produces a much
larger shift in frequency than adding the exact same length below the coil [by
almost a factor of 100:1]. That is empirical data. It is real and measurable.

My question is one of Physics. I think everyone who reads this list knows it
happens. The real question is: Why?? Why the difference in antenna resonant
frequency?