Old August 13th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] w8ji@akorn.net is offline

Default Receiving Loop

John wrote:
Hello all,

I am new to the group and have a question.

Does anyone know a good source of information on small (less than
.1wl), shielded (coax) magnetic loops? In particular, I would like to
know design equations (are ON4UN's formulae correct and complete?). Why
do most people use RG-59 rather than a thicker coax (shielding, C/ft?)?
Why is 20' for 160 meters the norm? Discarding mechanical
considerations, wouldn't thicker coax provide greater efficiency?

I found ON4UN's book lacking on this antenna.

Thanks in advance,
John, N9RF

Try reading this John

http://www.w8ji.com/magnetic_receiving_loops.htm