Old August 13th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
John L. Sielke John L. Sielke is offline

Default Kenwood quitting Ham Radio?

Steve wrote:
That would be a shame. Their rigs have always offered
good performance and value. Wouldn't suprise me if
they did leave the market though. To say its a limited
market is an understatement.

Steve W6SSP

"deryck lant" wrote in message
I heard a rumour on the air that Kenwood is quitting Ham Radio.
Can that be possible true? The TS-480 was truly excellent and
the TS-2000 really an innovation.

Would be a sad loss.

Deryck G0KOR

Well, ARRL is pushing ICOM, as Icom is "sponsoring" stuff for them. Looks like
old fashioned kickbacks to me, but it seems unfair to the competition.