Old August 13th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dick Dick is offline

Default Kenwood quitting Ham Radio?

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:39:10 -0500, "Noon-Air"
wrote:

Well, ARRL is pushing ICOM, as Icom is "sponsoring" stuff for them. Looks
like old fashioned kickbacks to me, but it seems unfair to the
competition.

I owned an ICOM......once.

IMHO, Kenwood makes the best HF rigs, and Yaesu makes the best V/Uhf stuff.
but then I have only been licensed since 1984, so what do I know.

-n6ojn

I have always been an Icom person, but there are some things Kenwood
has that Icom doesn't have anything close to. In particular, the
TM-D700A, the TH-D7AG and the TH-F6A. I have all three.

I don't think Kenwood has anything close to the Icom-7800 for HF. Of
course for $15,000 one would expect a lot.

I have been licensed since 1951, so you're probably right. :-)

Dick - W6CCD