Old August 13th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
danielle danielle is offline

Default Panasonic rf2800 replacement

I have a Panasonic RF 2800 that I bought in 1978.
It has been in daily use in my kitchen for Many years.
Evidently lightning finally got it thru the AC mains.

I like the rather large for a portable speaker it tends to reproduce the
bass components of the audio much better than other portables with smaller
cases

The radio will sit in my kitchen on top of the refrigerator most of the
time, so size and portability are not major concerns.

Features that are important to me a
Ease of use, e.g. good ergonomics
audio fidelity,
Digital readout on Shortwave,
internal power supply AC mains and Batteries in case commercial power goes
out,
built in telescopic antenna,
and external antenna connectors.

I have looked at the S350 and the satelit 800. Does anybody out there have
any other suggestions on a replacement?

D Yemiola
AI8O