Old August 14th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
David 01 David 01 is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

I wish everybody here would use their MENSA and take this thread and the
other non swap related garbage out of rec.radio.swap.

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Rusty Shackleford wrote:
1. Is the ability to decode Morse Code transmissions, in one's own wet

modem
(brain), at high speed, proportional or even relevant in any possible

way to
one's ability to pass a mensa test and be accepted for membership? Is

mensa
membership useful? Is mensa membership a measure of Morse wet modem
throughput?

Rusty, let me answer you this way. In my humble opinion, a MENSA
level IQ is worth magnitudes more to its possessor than is Morse
code skill even within the Amateur Radio Service. If all the coded
hams with IQ's less than 100 were transformed into nocode techs
with MENSA level IQ's, the ARS would be much better off and a lot
less prone to silliness. The ARRL might even stop publishing those
gross technical errors, e.g. reflections don't exist.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp