Old August 14th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories
[email protected] FLjeffbeach@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

I turned my scanner onto a particular "dead" frequency (actually, it
doesn't matter which frequency - every one I tried produced the same
results) and of course heard nothing but static (and of course the
squelch was 1 or 2 because anything higher would mute out the sound).

I then plugged my IC recorder (digital voice recorder) into the back of
the scanner and pressed record. I uploaded the recording to my computer
with Adobe Audition and amplified the sound, and could hear human
voices (this was confirmed by various witnesses) saying things that
would have me in doubt that I was picking up a stray broadcast. Words
were used like "ghosts", "spirit", the "n" word, along with meaningless
dribble and weird animal sounds. This was in the same back bedroom
where I set up my RF signal generator, scanner, and other recording
equipment to mimic the 70s Spiricom "Mark IV" experiment.

My question is this: can a digital recorder pick up voices through a
frequency if plugged into the back of the scanner (of human origin)
that cannot be heard through the scanner's speaker? The same recording
was done of the room with the white noise of the dead frequency in the
background and entirely different results were produced, with the
voices sounding less monotone and more like others were in the room
talking.

Of course, it doesn't help that I was doing paranormal research using
the digital recorder at a desolated black cemetery in town here and
abruptly stopped to focus on 2-way communication as opposed to EVPs.

Any way to easily explain away the voices that show up on the recording
of the static/frequency but not the static/frequency itself when
listened to in real-time?