Old August 15th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein Al Klein is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:33:50 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:02:16 -0400, Al Klein
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:55:58 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

No, I'm wishing that every amateur radio operator had
an above average IQ.

Easy solution - only award licenses to those with above average IQs.

only if you throw away a little document like the constitution

So we have to give everyone a driver's license, even those who can't
drive? And let everyone vote, even those who are mentally
incompetent? No discrimination based on anything?

The Constitution doesn't prevent us from imposing standards, Markie.
And the law certainly doesn't guarantee that we're all equal, only
that we all be given equal opportunity to EARN what we want. There's
no Constitutional guarantee that the government will give us
everything we want, or that it can't treat different people in
accordance with those differences.