Old August 15th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories
Jim Hackett Jim Hackett is offline

Default Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

I thought chickens "clucked", not "bucked"...

wrote in message
ups.com...

Rastis P. Buttsnort wrote:

All that's happening is a simple case of "Rectification". You are

hearing
one or more AM broadcast stations. This is nothing new.
Unless of course you really WANT to believe this is something it's

not.....

If this was rectification of AM stations, then why:

- No music, advertising, or anything else shows up, but yet
- Sometimes clear voices are heard saying vulgar words which would
never be allowed on any AM station, and
- Sometimes prophetic statements are made using my own name and the
name of other witnesses present or deeply involved in the experiments,
and
- In one instance I heard what sounded like several loud chickens
bocking at such a large volume it would've surely been heard at room
volume (incidently, these loud "animal-like" sounds always appear
toward the end of the recording, shortly before I hit "stop" - but yet
there is no interference with the audio plug or movement by myself
before stopping the recording, yet they are often a hallmark of the
brief mostly 30-second recordings I do)?

To one extreme I heard a death threat used against one of my
co-workers. To the other I heard statements like "you did not work
today" (which I hadn't) and "no mouse pad" (which I use none).

Overall, if you count the digital recordings from the cemetery (where
no white noise was present except for the internal components of the
rather silent recorder), the house, and plugged directly into the back
of the scanner, I've stored thousands of unexplained voices - and it
would've been impossible for the scanner to pick up AM stations in the
cemetery (and along with the fact that most all the voices sounded had
thick country accents and sounded African-American in nature with poor
grammar, I find the odds of this being rectification far-fetched).

A group of friends and I were so intrigued with some of the voices from
the cemetery, we made a CD which had some of our best recordings and
submitted it at work and to other people with a brief survey for the
listener to circle either AGREE, DISAGREE, or UNDECIDED as to whether
they heard the same voice and believed it was saying the same thing as
we did. And of course, several EVPs (electronic voice phenomenon) had
an agreement rate of over 95% of nearly 30 people.

I am not debating the existence of EVPs using a recorder and a source
of white noise, TV static, etc., for the conduit. I am asking you for a
plausible explanation that would explain voices saying your name,
sometimes vulgar words, etc., with such clarity that witnesses all
agree on what is being said but have no explanation as to how or why
they are showing up on a recording of of a frequency with nothing
audible on it when not recording.

And one last thought... how could such clear voices and sounds
(sometimes very loud in nature but yet inaudible while not being
recorded) be showing up on *any* frequency with a squelch level of only
1 or 2? I thought perhaps the audio cable to the recorder acted like
some sort of antenna but in reality it's not even hooked into the
external antenna jack.

Anyway, I'd rather at times believe there *are no* spirits that
followed me back, which is why I'm trying one last time to come to a
plausible conclusion which would explain away the voices which have
been picked up on tape, recorded, and catalogued for the record.

Thank you for helping to solve this mystery...

Jeff