Old August 15th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
kd5sak kd5sak is offline

Default Cat's Eye Tuner

"Dick, AA5VU" wrote in message
I am probably showing my age but as a kid I recall the console radios
with a very cool tuning indicator called a Cat's Eye.

Some things are gone forever and are missed. Too bad there is not a
software version of the old cat's eye.

I remember my grandparents having such a device on their big
living room radio set. I also remember opening the back of a small table
model radio when I was older (in my teens) and being surprised
to find that one of the tubes used in it had a catseye on it. Guess they
were using an old stock of tubes in the new radios and the catseye tuner was
just an unneeded function of the tube they used.

Harold
KD5SAK