Old August 15th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dick Dick is offline

Default What is wrong with Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:15:13 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

Been here six years, and have NEVER had anything shipped to me USPS that
hasn't gotten here, and if it was properly packed, it has always gotten here
in one piece. I pay for Priority Mail shipping, which now is only a dollar
or two more than Parcel, and I get it here in a week to 10 days.

And actually, the USPS takes our mail as far as San Francisco via regular
channels, and from there it's shipped commercial air (just like any other
air mail) to our local APO hub, and then to the mail rooms.

I have been sending to an APO for several years as my son's family is
in Europe. I agree that the USPS service has been very good. They
once lost a Jeep wheel for 3 months, but eventually it too made it to
the destination.

I see all kinds of companies that won't ship to an APO. I think they
just don't want to deal with the customs forms. It can be a PITA. In
spite of using USPS for years to ship to the same APO, about half the
time I end up with the wrong form, and have to fill out another one
after I get to the P.O. I even wrote to USPS to ask how I can tell
for sure which form to use. Their very lengthy and convoluted answer
didn't help a bit. It still ends up as a case-by-case basis on
whether to use the short form or the long form. I can fully
understand why people and companies don't want to ship to an APO.

Dick