Old October 3rd 03, 09:28 PM
Thierry

Default Change the SSB power ?

Hi,

If you have an external wattmeter connected to your transmitter, can you
make a test at 100 Watts PEP and give me your true emitting power in watts ?

Speaking normally (without shouting) in their mike with normal compression
(10 over 25), some hams say that their wattmeter displays a power of about
50-60 watts (of course in CW they reach 100 W)
But some arrive to move the niddle to about 100 watts in SSB using their
barefoot RTX...

It seems that some RTX can reach the nominal power doing a hardware
modification at the mike itself to increase the 60 w displayed in SSB to
about 100W. According these hams there is no disadvantage to make this
change.

The problem mainly occurs of the Kenwood TS-570D (all the serie in fact)
using a handy mic or even a desk model (the ones sold by Kenwood).
The same problem occurs with the Yaesu 1000 MP (tested at 100 W).

If such a modification exists for that TS570D or for any mic, can a ham do
it himself or can he ask his dealer to make the modificationcan
Where on the Internet can we find this procedure ?

Thanks in advance

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry