Old August 15th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] kennnick@gmail.com is offline

Default Cat's Eye Tuner

My recollection is that it was called Magic Eye tuning. Maybe
different manufacturers used different names.

I recall listening to the hiss of CW in a BFO-less wooden box radio
with the magic eye winking in time to the Morse.

Looking back, it seemed like a kind of expensive gimmick in a day when
squeezing maximum performance out of the minimum number of tubes was
the norm.

73--Nick, WA5BDU

Dick, AA5VU wrote:
I am probably showing my age but as a kid I recall the console radios
with a very cool tuning indicator called a Cat's Eye.