Old August 15th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Miller Bob Miller is offline

Default license renewal

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:48:49 -0500, "Tom" wrote:

My license is up for renewal in November. I got a letter from an outfit in
Texas wanting $7 to renew it. I thought one could renew their license for
free over the internet.

What I did to renew mine:

Go to the FCC website. Find the section on renewing amateur licenses.
You can download form 610. What's easier, tho', just call the FCC
phone number they give you, tell them you're renewing, the next day or
so you will find form 610 and all instructions in your mailbox, free
of charge. Fill the stuff out and send it in.

The FCC may have a minor charge for renewing, I forget.

If you've changed your address since getting your license, you may
have to register the new address with the FCC before renewing. You can
do only one thing at a time on form 610, as I recall.

bob
k5qwg