Old August 16th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories
One Hung Low One Hung Low is offline

Default Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

wrote:

It's also interesting that nobody has asked me to listen to the
clearest voices. It would be impossible to convince you of their
paranormal origin because I'd be asking you to change your belief
system over something you've never researched or tried yourself.

No, it's not that. It's just that the "evidence chain" has not been
properly controlled and it is just too easy to fake a recording. Mind
you, I am not saying that you would do such a thing, but to us, just
listening, would have no idea who recorded what we were listening to.

If it's possible to show a film of Forrest Gump (a fictional character)
shaking hands with JFK (a real character), it's not too big of a stretch
to legitimately question how a voice got on an audio tape.

Your explanations sound good in theory, but do not explain how some
EVPs show up so loud that they are not just an auditory hallucination
of the white noise. Some are actually louder than my *own* voice asking
questions on the tape. Of course the accent was so thick that people
can't decide on what exactly it's saying,

"Loud" has nothing to do with paranormal. Loud is simply a function of
the strength of the RF signal and how well modulated it is. Just as an
example, there could be a foreign speaking taxi driver near by with his
CB and linear amplifier. (You said in an earlier post that you had some
kind of radio on 29 point something MHz. This is the CB band, and we all
know there are a lot of barnyard and/or strange noises/voices on CB). ;-)