Old August 16th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
David G. Nagel David G. Nagel is offline

Default What is wrong with Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada

wrote:

The only possible problem is loss or damage. USPS air delivers in a few
days and for a reasonable border fee, most of which is sales tax at this

The issue is cost, I believe.

For some reason sellers dont want to pay the cost to the last two
states, EVEN IF THE BUYER IS FRONTING THE FEES DOnt know why.

I have shipped to Hawaii several times with no issues at all other than
time.

I have had no problems with Canada, other than time. Sometimes it
takes an inordinate amount of time . But you can accept that if BOTH
parties are good communicators.

Keep in touch with your seller or buyer, dont just fail to respond. It
makes them nervous, folks.

Mark
K8VF
Michigan

Several years ago I had a pack and ship business. one of my customers
had a VCR he wanted mailed to his son some where in Alaska. The post
office used a contract air carrier to deliver the mail to the island
where the son lived. As the package with the VCR was being off loaded
from the seaplane it was dropped overboard. It took over a month to
receive payment from the USPS (he did insure the package).

Dave WD9BDZ