Old August 16th 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Rex Rex is offline

Default What is wrong with Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:07:58 -0400, Buck wrote:

As for canada, there is a problem with tracking. At least a couple of
years ago, the cost of tracking a package, when possible, was
horrendously high. In the case of the US mail or Fedex, it was
impossible. I shipped to canada and the buyer said he didn't get it.
He sent a very impolite letter the day I noticed all other items
shipped that day arrived. I know he received it and later admitted
that it was shipped to the wrong address, which I know better.

Not being able to track makes for a risk that I was unwilling to
handle at the time, so I cut out shipping to canada.

[snip middle details]

Ebay/paypal is too protective for the buyers and not the sellers. The
law is too difficult to motivate for most of the little sales that
originate from ebay. Thieves know this and take advantage of this at
every opportunity they can.

Buck
n4pgw

--
73 for now
Buck

Well explained. Not my issue anyway, but I never heard about all that.