Old August 16th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Back yard antenna lab...

Hmmm!
I probably have a few of those in the junk box(es).

I am not doing anything new but I am getting some details through my
thick skull.

On 16 Aug 2006 04:42:52 -0700, "Denny" wrote:

OK John,
Well if you are sticking to the MFJ analyzer then the saran wrap will
work fine as the insulator...
And scrounging up metal isn't that hard.. PCB, or aluminum from a rain
gutter company, even Reynolds wrap, etc..
Yup, I thought about the thickness of the glass reducing capacity, but
if you have enough jars?!? Fun to think about... Someone needs to do
it and post the pics...
Check the yard sales.. Maybe you will be lucky and find an old AM radio
with the dual gang 365 MMF variable caps... That will work like
gangbusters... Back in the 60's I built more than one transmitter with
those caps and a pair of 1625's...
Keep us posted...
cheers ... denny/k8do

John Ferrell W8CCW