Old August 16th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories
[email protected] FLjeffbeach@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

One Hung Low wrote:

Now this is indeed puzzling. Why would going to a cemetery, abandoned or
otherwise, bring "negativity" back to your home?

Is -everyone- buried there a bad person? Weren't any good people buried
there too? If there are "spirits", are you implying that they are all bad?

I am speaking from personal experience and the experience of the dozen
or so people who went with me. Panic attacks, paranoia, threatening
voices on recordings, etc. I've gone to other well-kept cemeteries and
did not pick up *any* voices. But yet a vandalized old black cemetery
with open holes in crypts, dug up graves, mounds of sand marking
graves, etc., seemed to produce so many voices many were speaking on
top of each other. Sometimes in one 10-second recording over 5 voices
could be identified.

Why would there be so many voices in one cemetery, but not others? Why
would my house then have so many voices on recordings when before going
to this cemetery it did not? Why have people told me they have sensed
spirits at my house? Why are some people so scared they have to urinate
outside the house rather than go into the guest bathroom? Why has one
of my relatives (since these experiments begun) actually see a misty
presence of a woman in a brand new house (she has never witnessed a
ghost before and has no reason to lie about what she saw). This is just
the tip of the iceberg, yet none of this occurred *before* going to
this cemetery.

Of course, all of this can be explained away. You can also either
explain away the moon landing as a hoax or say it really happened ...
two theories yet only one reality. You base yours on lack of experience
with this sort of thing ... I base mine on what I and others have
witnessed firsthand. Why don't you just spend some time experimenting
on your own instead of assuming that all my experiences are irrevelant?

I'm not here to argue the afterlife. I only came here to try to come to
another conclusion (for the peace of mind) that would explain these
weird events, and so far (brain/pattern or AM stations) have led to
more doubt than plausibility.

Jeff