Old July 18th 03, 08:09 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:45:13 -0700, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

Sigh. I guess one more time. A mouse in the maze.

No cheese at the end of that one.

I'm firmly in agreement with Bill and Ian on this one.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

your's and other opinions merely supports my contention:

I've read for years that the common RF rig is NOT a 50Ohm source, and
absolutely none dare commit themselves to just what value it is (much
less offer their own measure). Being a physical reality, the rig must
present some real value, but vacuous theory seems to bar that
discussion.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

I still find it strange that the savants and pundits will say what it
is NOT, but NOT what it IS.

Is one Ohm too much?

Is ten thousand Ohms too little?

Do anyone of you have a simple number that must exist as a physically
verifiable entity of a physical example commonly available to any Ham?

What is it that heats up in the presence of mismatch that all
manufacturers go to great length to protect against? Does it have to
be a carbon resistor to qualify? Which one? Why is it so hard to
quantify in the face of such firm agreement among you gentlemen? My
guess is that you would refuse to warrant your answer in the face of
catastrophic failure - evidence contrary to your opinions.

Sorry, but puzzles and enigmas do not answer the reality of heat and
heat does not arrive through the offices of some virtualized component
born of substituted theories of matching.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC