Old August 17th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] mhke4klt@aol.com is offline

Default HQ170 vs HQ180

AndyS wrote:
Andy writes:

I have lusted after an HQ180 for 50 years. And now I
might go out and buy one with my next Social Security
check....

So, how many here have experience with the 180 ??
I understand the 170 is more stable and a better receiver...
Anyone care to comment on this....???

I don't ham much anymore, but if I get a Hammarlund
I want to know what I might have to modify to get it working
well.... Anyone with experience in stabilizing/rebuilding/repair
on these Hammarlund models might like to talk about their
experiences, and I would like to listen...

73s from Andy in Eureka, Texas W4OAH