Old August 18th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Phil Phil is offline

Default DTMF decoder from OPTO not working

It is lcd display. But pushing on the display doesn't help. I think there
must be something a bit more serious wrong with it because when I turn it
off, it won't always turn back on unless I take out the battery, put it back
in and start over again.

"mikeFNB" wrote in message
is it lcd display?
if so it might have got damp and the little cardonloaded edge connector on
the glass might be dirty from it.
if you can lightly push on the display
does it work better
mike

"Phil" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have a Techtoyz from Optoelectronics Micro DTMF decoder that has been
sitting in a drawer for several years that I just tried to use today. I
put
in a fresh battery and it did come on but displayed fragmented and
incomplete characters. So I switched it to receive and hit redial on a
phone
and it did read the number dialed, but again displayed fragmented
characters. When switched to recall, it displays the incomplete
characters.
There does not seem to be a visible user reset button on the unit.

Any ideas?
Is this worth repairing and is there actually anyone that would repair
such
an item?
Or should I just toss it?

Thanks,