Old October 13th 03, 05:07 PM
Dave VanHorn

"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
"James Wilson" wrote in message

What does BPL sound like? Can someone post a wav file somewhere so it

can
be identified?

The ARRL website is loaded with video and/or audio files which will
clearly demonstrate what the various forms of BPL signals sound like
and the havoc they generate throughout the HF spectrum.

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/#Video

That helps a lot. I see what was meant by "geiger counter" sound now, as
well as the other sort of noise.

I do have a spectrum analyzer here, so that will help, when the day comes.
At the moment, the only broadband available here is DSL or cable modem,
which have been well-behaved neighbors. I'm using a cable modem now, and I
don't notice anything from it, even when I tune into the bands that it uses.
We have regular overflights scanning for leakage, so it appears that Comcast
is making the effort.