Old August 18th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default Icom R75 receiver, Signal Strength Meter

On 18 Aug 2006 05:46:33 -0700, "Jim" wrote:

I would like to add an analogue signal strength meter to my Icom R75
receiver. Has anyone managed to do this, and what's involved? I'm
looking to take a 'real' indication of signal strength from the AGC
line, not just monitoring the audio output.

Thanks

???

My R75 has an S meter. It appears to mimic a VU meter in the SSB mode
because there is only ''power'' during modulation , but shows signal
strength normally in the AM mode.