Old October 9th 03, 03:42 AM
Carl R. Stevenson

Default Have you had an FT-817 finals failure?

Just wondering how many folks here have had a catastrophic
failure of the finals in their FT-817 - with no reason (no
over-voltage, high SWR, or other abuse).

I'm getting the impression from some snooping on the
Yahoo group that there have been a LOT of FT-817
final failures - perhaps either a design flaw or a bad
batch of transistors.

I've sent mine back to Yaesu, with a letter telling them
what I've found and that I expect them to make it right,
because even though the radio is slightly past the 1 year
warranty, it was NOT abused and there seems to be
a pattern of these failures.

Just curious how many folks here have had the same
failure ...

Carl - wk3c