Old August 18th 06, 07:16 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Philo Philo is offline

Default VHF/UHF antenna on a motorcycle

"Tom" wrote in message
Hello all ,

I would like to install a VHF-UHF antenna on my motorcycle . It's a Suzuki
GSX750 . I did some tests with a Diamond NR-770H and it works well . The
only problem is that the antenna is to big for such a bike .
Afterwards i did a test with a Diamond NR-77 . The antenna is about 43 cm
and that's about the size i would like to use .
The problem i have with this antenna is the swr , it's to high .

Anyone an idea how i can solve this problem ?

Many thanks .

Tom

Just a word of caution:

Years ago, when the Brussels police had VHF radios mounted on BMW bikes for
the first time, the ABS brakes stopped functioning when the transmitter was
on (Not only the ABS, the brakes).

I suppose ABS brakes are more EMC proof nowadays, but you can not be too
sure.