Old August 19th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bill Bill is offline

Default Johnson KW Matchbox

Will a 50ohm to 112ohm unun current balun on the input side of the
matchbox increase the output capability to handle an open wire fed
80meter dipole at 65' on 40meters? I am 'kinda' stuck with my feedline
length of 80ft, so thought I would raise the input impedance to boost
the output impedance capability. I am aiming for a 1 to 1 'indicated'
VSWR. The differential cap is fully meshed (rotor to top plates) and the
other cap is approx 50% meshed and the matchbox input VSWR is approx 2
to 1.
What say?