Old August 18th 06, 09:31 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Jim Kelley Jim Kelley is offline

Default VHF/UHF antenna on a motorcycle

Hi Tom,

You might want to try an HT antenna, such as the RH77CA - about 38 CM
long.

73, ac6xg

Tom wrote:
Hello all ,

I would like to install a VHF-UHF antenna on my motorcycle . It's a Suzuki
GSX750 . I did some tests with a Diamond NR-770H and it works well . The
only problem is that the antenna is to big for such a bike .
Afterwards i did a test with a Diamond NR-77 . The antenna is about 43 cm
and that's about the size i would like to use .
The problem i have with this antenna is the swr , it's to high .

Anyone an idea how i can solve this problem ?

Many thanks .

Tom