Old August 19th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
[email protected] arcadefreaque@gmail.com is offline

Default Iowa frequencies

Al Klein wrote:
On 18 Aug 2006 19:18:00 -0700, wrote:

Everything there is analog (even the RACOM trunked system you see the
link to at the top) with the exception of the Alliant Energy system
which, being iDen, can't be monitored with any existing scanner. So a
Pro97 or a Uniden 246 or 330 (or even a Pro95) will do just fine.
Whichever scanner you decide to get, get the programming cable
(Unidens come with one) and some programming software (there are trial
versions of the good ones, Uniden, ARC and Starrsoft).

Thanks for the reply/info. I'm thinking of starting with a PRO-2052
since they are on sale for a hundred bucks right now. It sounds like
that will work for now then. It has the serial in/out so that I can
program it and get the frequency info for streaming (so the wife and I
can both listen and see frequency info from work).

Now you have me thinking though, the pro97 is not much more expensive
and it's pretty portable. I wonder if I'll actually utilize the
ability to grab the frequency info for streaming.. or maybe the
portability would be better... *sigh* decisions... decisions..

I figure after I get "hooked", I'll be looking for something a little
nicer, but if one of these will work for now, that's cool.

Thanks again!