Old August 19th 06, 06:41 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
Eric Ferguson Eric Ferguson is offline

Default Looking for Freqs & Help

Here's the picture...My Mother is going on a cruise in December. I've been
trying to get her into scanning. The cruise starts in Sydney Australia IIRC,
and then proceeds around the New Zealand Islands.

I'm going to program in the international maritime frequencies and the on
board ship frequencies (I may not have all of those BTW)

Haven't googled yet (but will). What would be good frequencies to program in
while she cruises and is in port(s) other than the VHF Marine freqs?
Especially anything she could hear on the ship, coming from the land.

She'll be using my Pro-95 (on which *I* still haven't figured out the
trunking...sigh) and she is definitely *not* technically minded. I'll just
be teaching her how to lock/unlock channels and banks, use the squelch and
volume control. I'll do *all* the programming.

Thanks for any and all suggestions....Hmm maybe I'll throw in both her
airports of departure....Something to listen to while she's waiting g

Eric

--
Tune Out .KBHR to reply me