Old August 19th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories
Al Smith Al Smith is offline

Default Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

Once you examine the
strongest evidence, you can only conclude that yes, indeed it's a
voice, but where did it come from and why does it even sound like a
dead person would?

Jeff

Dead persons can't talk, so they don't sound like anything. If you
mean spooky horror film voices, sometimes the cliche is the
reality. Spirits do talk in weird ways. They shout, they curse,
they growl, they whisper. Or so it seems to our awareness. My own
theory is that part of the reason that both spirit voices and
spirit faces are so often distorted is that spirits lack perfect
control over our minds, and so they express themselves
imperfectly. It's like trying to drive a car when you've never
learned to drive. You go jerking and weaving all over the place.
It takes practice. Maybe some spirits just never get the knack.