Old August 19th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default What is wrong with Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada

"kh" wrote ...
The reason is very straightforward. This is a boatanchor
newsgroup and it's mostly geezers who deal in old radios.

Geezers live in the past; WE don't think critically; the same
tired thoughts cycle through our heads. Even worse, many
of us hallucinate and make up reasons. You'll see several
in this thread.

Including your own posting, apparently.

I've bought items from Canada and sold to Canada. One
thing I don't like about it is that it's expensive to ship across
the border. In fact, it's cheaper to ship though Canada to Alaska.

But then, buyer pays.

Unless something goes wrong. The abuse of international
transactions is legendary. Even eBay, PayPal, et.al. seem
to acknowledge it. As another poster observed, if you are
a large-volume commercial vendor, you can "eat" the
occasional transaction gone wrong. But if you are selling
one-off things (boat-anchors or not) on eBay, etc. it has a
significant chilling effect, no matter what generation you
represent.