Old August 19th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default AM IBOC precludes use of selectable sideband tuning

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:24:42 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've got
it all wrong.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

If I listen to plain AMSYNC (or plain AM) on the R8B there is no
noise, so apparently the HD sidebands are phase inverted from each
other. But I cannot use my SW2 in the synchonous mode at all on an HD
station, as you cannot listen to both sidebands at once.