Old August 20th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] amstereo@meduci.com is offline

Default AM Stereo/FM Stereo Receiver

You may wish to click on the following link:

http://Meduci.com

What you described is available for $140 each postpaid to the lower
48 United States. It is based upon Motorola MC13028 decoder chip.

Sincerely,

Meduci, LLC
Jeff Deck

You write:
I would like to be able to build, from scratch, an radio receiver for
AM Stereo and FM Stereo. I only have a rough idea of what I need (I DO
need a C-QUAM for example, a MC13028), and I have next to no experience
with electronics (just an electronics lab class, and some education on
computer-programmed boards, during university), so I have no idea where
to start (although I would be able to solder the thing together once I
knew what I had to do). I do know, however, what I want in my
theoretical receiver: a small size that I can carry around, 2 speakers
for stereo output, knob tuning like a regular analog dial radio (i.e.,
with a small arrow on a horizontal dial pointing out the frequency),
and possibly the ability to run off batteries or mains (220V 50Hz) as
well as a jack for outputting to headphones (or a computer for
airchecking purposes ). And of course, no old-fashioned tech like
tubes .

I know Chris Cuff has been known to make them, but who knows where he's
been these last few years? (Okay, he did have a few reviews at Amazon
as late as last year... and I just emailed him a few hours ago, but who
knows if he still checks his inbox?) Besides, I've seen his radios at
sites on AM Stereo, and the tuning he uses doesn't exactly lend well to
sensitive tuning (with the frequencies written right on the knob).

Come on, help me out here.