Old August 20th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

From: an old friend on Sat, Aug 19 2006 2:18 pm

wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
" wrote in
ups.com:

Mark, Just ignore them.

Hey, "Slow," you might want to check your message headers
a bit more carefully. I am not Mark. Neither am I a "mark"
for con games. :-)

it seems that Slowcode think I am some secret maniolator (or is just
realy stupid about programing jammer bots

He seems CONFUSED. Maybe that's a result of hearing all
that beeping morse code? :-)

He sent his "reply" to me TWICE... tsk,tsk :-)

"Slow," I've been involved in radio for 53 years. Most of that time
as a professional. As a part of that, I once "worked" a station
ON the moon. No bounce needed. Quarter million mile DX.
Can you top that as an amateur? :-)

I csn about match that Lenn not quite but close

Noooooo. I worked a STATION on the moon, namely one of the
ALSEP (Apollo Lunar Surface Experiment Package). Sent a
command to the SWS (Solar Wind Spectrometer) part, got the
response back on earth. Two-way. The ALSEPs are now
silent, nobody can work them. :-)