Old August 21st 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

"Dirk" wrote in message
Ham's care more about operating appliances than knowing how to save a
lives.

:-(

Hams could save more lives by supporting a blood drive than than standing by
waiting for that emergency to use morse code.
I hear about hams supporting public service, my daughter DID 75 hrs of
public service last year as a ten year old Girl Scout. I learned CW even got
up to 20 wpm but I dont think it should be any more of a requirement than
any other mode of operation. There is a lot of hams who may not be able to
save anyones lives but they could save their own by turning off the radio
for an hour and taking a walk