Old October 13th 03, 09:19 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Dick Carroll" wrote in message
Dave VanHorn wrote:
After having gone to the ARRL site and listened to the examples, all I
can say is it sounds just like precipitation static and/or loose
connections. No way would I be able to identify one from the other.
I'm just going to have to complain every time I hear noise and make
recordings. If it's noisy enough to be a problem it should be fixed.

Any hope of us non-arrl members getting something to listen to?

Surely that file isn't on the members-only side of the site, is it?

Certainly it shouldn't be, and if so I intend to protest.

It isn't Dick ... it's open to the world.

Carl - wk3c