Old August 21st 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Han Han is offline

Default Transatlantic MW targets

Steve wrote:
I'm no seasoned MW DXer by any means, but I've been having a lot of fun
lately with my Quantum QX loop. And I'm curious: are there any
transatlantic MW targets that I could reasonably expect to hear using
the loop alone, without attaching a longwire to it? I'm on the East
Coast. I haven't made any transatlantic "catches" yet, but there's
always been unusually bad atmospheric noise when I've tried.

Steve

The other way around I could give advice, as I am living in the
Netherlands.

On my website are a lot of recordings transatlantic recordings from a
DX pedition to Sheigra Scotland http://home.hetnet.nl/~hanhardonk/

But also in my home I heard a lot of transatlantic radio stations..
Ilive in a small village.I use a Wellbrook ALA 1530. A very good
mediumwave antenna

Greetings han her Netherlands.