Old August 21st 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Phil Phil is offline

Default DTMF decoder from OPTO not working

I just ended up sticking it on ebay as a non-working item.

"labtech1" wrote in message
Same thing happened to mine. The display seems to be a standard PAGER
display. I was thinking if I can find a similar pager, just swapping the
display out.

"Phil" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have a Techtoyz from Optoelectronics Micro DTMF decoder that has been
sitting in a drawer for several years that I just tried to use today. I

put
in a fresh battery and it did come on but displayed fragmented and
incomplete characters. So I switched it to receive and hit redial on a

phone
and it did read the number dialed, but again displayed fragmented
characters. When switched to recall, it displays the incomplete

characters.
There does not seem to be a visible user reset button on the unit.

Any ideas?
Is this worth repairing and is there actually anyone that would repair

such
an item?
Or should I just toss it?

Thanks,