Old August 21st 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Solder to Aluminum?

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:15:48 -0400, Tam/WB2TT wrote:
"Ed Light" wrote:

My FM antenna had the wire attachment posts ripped out by the wind.
I'm wondering if I can solder to the aluminum? Then I'd epoxy over
it. I'd just try it, but I'm afraid it might pop in my face or
something.

Why not just replace the posts with 4-40 or 6-32 stainless steel bolts
and nuts. Drill new holes in the aluminum if needed.

Or, use a pop-rivet tool to attach whatever fastner(s) suit you.

Or, use small, SS, worm-screw pipe clamps to attach the wire(s) directly.

HTH
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
*** Killfiling google posts: http//jonz.net/ng.htm